Friday, July 15, 2011

Sizzling Summer Read: VALLEY OF LIGHTS

Top Suspense Group: Sizzling Summer Read: VALLEY OF LIGHTS: "Valley of Lights is a fusion of crime and horror, a dance between predator and prey in which the story twists, the stakes increase, and the tables are repeatedly turned.

It grew out of time that I spent in Phoenix, Arizona, researching the city and the desert and going on ride-alongs with the Phoenix PD. I was working on a novel that I never actually got to write. That novel idea was ambitious and sprawling. It was everything I ever wanted to say. It was art. It would have been as boring as hell. Instead, I wrote this."

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I read this years ago. Really a dynamite book. I actually talked to Stephen Gallagher about this at a con once. He said it started as a short story but just kept twisting back on itself. A very intense read.

Gerard said...

I like the looks of this. I'll have to read it.

Gerard Saylor said...

I did read it. I liked it. A police procedural that morphs into a horror thriller.