Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Bonus FFB for Wednesday: King Buff -- Ellis Christian Lenz

King Buff is another book from my childhood that I found while rummaging through some shelves.  Like the one from last week, it's been read and reread so many times that the cover is gone.  I found a cover on the internet, though, so I do have that picture.  The book is a history of the buffalo in the U.S. and how it was hunted to near extinction.  The author isn't critical of anyone.  He's just telling the story.

Or the legend.  Some of the material on Buffalo Bill sounds pretty iffy to me.  When I was a kid, though, it was the kind of stuff I ate up.  I also loved the pictures of the rifles, so I thought I'd throw one of those in.  It's been a real kick to see these old books again after their being hidden on an obscure shelf for so many years.  I'm going to do some more pawing around and see if I can find a couple of others that I think I still have.

No comments: