Sunday, November 15, 2009

Frontier Tales Magazine

Frontier Tales Magazine - Home: "Look here to find stories of yesteryear, when men and women fought and struggled against nature, their fellowman, and sometimes themselves for love, money, and -- sometimes -- survival. The frontier required strength and determination, whether it was on the western prairies while moving a herd of cattle or in the Appalachians trying to find a way west. We'll have the kind of tales you love that show you the way it used to be when America was young!

New Authors --
We know it's getting harder and harder to find someone who will publish your Western or Historical stories. Well, if you're looking for an opportunity to get your work shown, you've come to the right place. You give us a story, the right to publish your work online, maintain it in our archives, and include it in a print reproduction, such as in an anthology. We'll put it out there for the world to enjoy."

4 comments:

Evan Lewis said...

Along with Short-Barrel Fiction and The Western Online, we're seeing a mini-revival in short western fiction markets. Now if only a paying one would come along.

Cap'n Bob said...

Paying? How about dependable?

Todd Mason said...

And actually mentioning that there's no pay would be nice.

Duke Pennell said...

Happy to see some interest in our new online magazine, Frontier Tales.

As for a paying market, I wish I could offer people something for their work. I'm an author too, and I know exactly how it feels. I'd love to be paid for my work. But the reality is, without money coming in, there isn't any money to pay out. I'm certainly open to suggestions for making western writing pay so, if you have an idea, let me know. Incidentally, I don't publish my own work in the magazine. I think that would be an ethics issue.

I intend to put the magazine out monthly. Please forgive the unevenness of our first few issues. I plead growing pains.

Frontier Tales
is a fledgling endeavor. You can expect to see more changes as it matures. Stop by regularly, sign up for updates, and put us down for RSS feeds. Come help us get the word out -- Westerns are fun!