Friday, August 14, 2009

They'd Better Do It Right

Buddy Holly is Alive and Well on Ganymede, one of the all-time great American comedy sf novels, will be a movie - Boing Boing: "Holy CRAP this is good news: Bradley Denton's incredible comic sf novel Buddy Holly is Alive and Well on Ganymede is being made into a movie directed and written by Robert Rugan."

Jon Heder to star in 'Buddy Holly' - Entertainment News, Exclusives, Media - Variety: "Jon Heder is set to star in 'Buddy Holly Is Alive and Well on Ganymede,' an adaptation of the Bradley Denton comic sci-fi novel. Robert Rugan wrote the script and will direct."

Great news for Brad Denton, and I hope I see him at Armadillocon to congratulate him.

3 comments:

Brian Lindenmuth said...

I LOVE Denton. I recently wrote about Blackburn and called Denton one of the best kept secrets out there. I also tangentially linked him to Willeford.

Also Denton made Buddy Holly available for free on his site awhile back.

Bradley Denton said...

Thanks, Bill! I'm so sorry I missed you at 'dilloCon . . . I was only able to come up on Sunday this year.

Brian -- Thanks to you too, man. I am humbled by the link (tangential or otherwise) to Mr. Willeford.

Brian Lindenmuth said...

From the review:

"Reading Laughin’ Boy reminded me of a quote from one of my favorite writers, Charles Willeford, which could have just as easily come from the mouth of Bradley Denton:

“Just tell the truth, and they’ll accuse you of writing black humor.”

Well Bradley Denton tells the truth and it’s called black humor."

If you get this message in a bottle and want to do a Q&A or something at BSC Review drop me a line: blindenmuthATgmailDOTcom