Friday, December 31, 2010

Today's Western Movie Poster


Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see some reminders of Rex Allen. I've always loved his singing. One day, around 1980, when Rex was working a booth at an agricultural trade show, he noticed my nametag, which indicated I worked for a farm magazine. He called me over and said he needed a subscription. I mentioned that I had just purchased one of his albums, and he responded, "Where in the world did you find one?" I got Rex's address and mailed him an order form for a subscription. He sent me back a handwritten note, saying thanks and adding that he would now be "the best informed cowboy in Calabasas." He seemed like a nice guy, and I've always regretted that I didn't take the opportunity to visit with him a little longer.

Bill Crider said...

He probably made more money narrating those Disney "True Life Adventures" or whatever they were than he did making those westerns. I like his singing a lot, too.