Thursday, January 24, 2008

Slim Whitman Update

Slim Whitman talks about reports of his death - Nashville, Tennessee - Wednesday, 01/23/08 - Tennessean.com: "Slim Whitman would like to clear something up: He’s alive and doing pretty well despite reports of his death on Monday.

The country singer, who experienced his first surge in popularity in the ’50s, has no idea how it got started. But e-mails began circulating and next thing you know, a disc jockey was announcing it on the air, a tearful friend performing on stage was announcing it to his audience and online sources reported it in news updates, including Tennessean.com on Monday.


“All of a sudden on Sunday, Jan. 20, I died,” said Whitman, who turned 84 on Sunday. “I knew it was a lie. I kept looking at it. I thought, this could sort of get out of hand here. I thought, oh well, if it gets out of hand, I’ll go on a TV show and show them that I’m not dead.”"

3 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

I thought he died in the last century.

Unknown said...

Obviously he needs to release a new recording.

Brent McKee said...

Put me down as someone else who thought the ultimate weapon against the Martians had died years ago.