Sunday, November 26, 2006

Happy Birthday, Charles Schulz!

I was a "Peanuts" reader from very early in the strip's history. There were times back then when I thought Charles Schulz was an authentic genius. There are still times when I think that. I bought the first hardback collection of "Peanuts" strips, and I still have it. I am, of course, buying the Fantagraphics reprints as they come out. I can read the strips from the middle to late 1950s over and over with great pleasure. If I didn't say on Thanksgiving that I was thankful for Charles Schulz, I should have.


Lonnie Cruse said...

Schulz's cartoons of Snoopy as an author are posted on my message board beside my desk. Like you, I've adored his work for as long as I can remember. Truly a funny guy.

Bill said...

There's a book called Snoopy's Guide to the Writing Life. Everyone should have a copy.