Sunday, November 26, 2006

Happy Birthday, Charles Schulz!

I was a "Peanuts" reader from very early in the strip's history. There were times back then when I thought Charles Schulz was an authentic genius. There are still times when I think that. I bought the first hardback collection of "Peanuts" strips, and I still have it. I am, of course, buying the Fantagraphics reprints as they come out. I can read the strips from the middle to late 1950s over and over with great pleasure. If I didn't say on Thanksgiving that I was thankful for Charles Schulz, I should have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Schulz's cartoons of Snoopy as an author are posted on my message board beside my desk. Like you, I've adored his work for as long as I can remember. Truly a funny guy.

Unknown said...

There's a book called Snoopy's Guide to the Writing Life. Everyone should have a copy.