Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happy Birthday, Barbi Benton!

Barbi Benton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: "Barbi Benton (born January 28, 1950 as Barbara Klein).[1] is an American Jewish model, actress and singer.

She was featured on the
Playboy cover several times and in nude photo layouts in the March 1970, December 1973, and January 1975 issues.

Benton is known for her years as a regular on the country music series
Hee Haw, appearing in comic skits with other cast members. She left the program after four seasons to concentrate on a more Hollywood-oriented career. She also starred in the short-lived ABC-TV comedy series Sugar Time! about an aspiring female rock group in 1977."

13 comments:

Deb said...

Wow--so difficult to imagine her being 60.

There's a famous story, possibly apocryphal, about her first date with Hef:

BB: "I've never dated anyone as old as you before."

Hef: "Don't worry--I've never dated anyone as old as you before."

Stephen B. said...

Such a cutie -- I noticed her work when I was in my teens [I even used to watch HEE-HAW]/

Unknown said...

Imagine, both of us still in our twenties. How do we do it?

Seepy Benton said...

Next to me, she's my favorite Jewish Benton!

Unknown said...

You only wish she was next to you.

James Reasoner said...

I feel incredibly old right now.

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

"She outgrew...brass buckles on her shoes/At twelve, she was filling out her jeans/With a mind young and wild/And a body like the Devil styled/She could make a man do anything..."

Thank you, and I hope I passed the audition.

Unknown said...

I have to check with Simon, but I'm pretty sure you passed.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know her name was Barbara Klein.

You see, you do learn something every day!

Of course, she was in one of Bill's favorite films: Deathstalker.

Jeff

Unknown said...

A classic!

Cap'n Bob said...

Wasn't she also married to Hef for a while?

Unknown said...

Yes. That Hef's had quite a life.

Carl V. Anderson said...

She was one of my childhood crushes! Big time!!!