Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Frankie Thomas, R. I. P.


Thanks to Jeff Meyerson and Art Scott for alerting me to this.

Yahoo! Top Stories - 'Space Cadet' Frankie Thomas Dies: "Frankie Thomas, who became famous in the 1950s for his starring role in the TV children's show 'Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,' has died. He was 85.

Thomas died Thursday of respiratory failure at Sherman Oaks Hospital, said his stepdaughter, Julie Alexander.

Thomas began acting on Broadway in the early 1930s and soon ventured west to Hollywood, where he appeared in films including 'A Dog of Flanders,' 'Boys Town' and 'The Major and the Minor,' as well as four Nancy Drew movies."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And he was buried in his Tom Corbett outfit! What a trooper! Also, worked as a mystery writer and did a Sherlock Holmes book.

Jim Ross said...

Bill--I know that's Jan Merlin on the left. Who is the Space Cadet on the right of Frankie?
Jim R

Unknown said...

I don't know. Found the photo but no names.

Anonymous said...

From the photos at www.solarguard.com he looks to be Edward Bryce (Capt. Steve Strong). I know I watched the show, but for some reason I have more vivid memories of Captain Video & Space Patrol.

Art Scott