The Digest Enthusiast #5 | Digest Magazines: The Digest Enthusiast #5 Jan. 2017 cover by Joe Wehrle, Jr. TDE5 is now available in print and Kindle editions.
Here’s the lineup:
• Interview with Bill Crider: The inside story on Dan Rhodes, EQMM’s Blog Bytes and Bill’s storied career with digests—with special coverage of the beloved DAPA-EM.
• Digest News: the latest from Dell, Fate, F&SF, Nostalgia Digest, Video WatcHDog and our contributors; readers’ response to TDE4; plus Tom Brinkmann’s portraits of synchronicity.
• Peter Enfantino’s overview and synopses of Martin Goodman’s Justice Amazing Detective Mysteries.
• Steve Carper cracks the riddle of the remarkable Ellery Queen Selects series.
• Peter Enfantino reports on the editorial insights of Robert A.W. Lowndes on his ultimate manifestation: the Magazine of Horror.
• RAWL on Writing for Publication, a summary by Richard Krauss.
• Reviews of the UK’s Worlds of Fantasy #4, The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction edited by Peter Nicholls, Charles Beckman, Jr.’s Honky Tonk Girl by Gary Lovisi, and Marvel Science Stories May 1951.
• Genre fiction by Lesann Berry, Richard L. Kellogg, and Joe Wehrle, Jr.; with illustrations by Brian Buniak, Michael Neno, and Joe Wehrle, Jr.
• Plus contents lists and sources; digest magazine checklists; Haiku by Clark Dissmeyer; cartoons by Brad Foster and Bob Vojtko; and more.
Print version, $8.99, includes nearly 100 B&W cover images, 152 pages, 5.5″ x 8.5″ digest.
Kindle version, $2.99, includes over 50 color cover images.