Monday, November 26, 2007

Kevin DuBrow, R. I. P.

Even an old guy like me remembers the cover of that #1 album.

Quiet Riot singer dies at 52 - CNN.com: "(CNN) -- Kevin DuBrow, the lead singer of the 1980s heavy metal band Quiet Riot, has died, CNN has confirmed. He was 52.

DuBrow died at his home in Las Vegas, Nevada, according to TMZ.com. The Clark County coroner's office was examining the body to determine the cause of death, according to TMZ.

'I'm at a loss for words. I've just lost my best friend,' Quiet Riot drummer Frankie Banali told CNN. 'Out of respect for both Kevin and his family, I won't comment further. There's going to be a lot of speculation out there, and I won't add to that. I love him too much.'"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly the Paris Hilton of heavy metal.

Randy Johnson said...

While Quiet Riot was on the low end of the spectrum of heavy metal, comparing DuBrow to Paris Hilton seems a little harsh. At least no one I knew broke out into gales of laughter when DuBrow and musician were used in the same sentence.

Anonymous said...

I just did. You do remember his "singing," don't you?