Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Here's How Daylight Saving Time Affects Your Part of the Country

Mental Floss: Daylight saving time was created to benefit Americans, but not every part of the country is affected equally. Within the Eastern time zone, for instance, the sun rises a whole 40 minutes earlier in New York City than it does in Detroit. To illustrate how daylight saving time impacts sunrise and sunset times around the county, cartographer Andy Woodruff published a series of helpful maps on his website.

2 comments:

Rick Robinson said...

As I expected, we're far enough north that it has much less effect on us than if we were still in SoCal. I'm in the no DST camp.

Jeff Meyerson said...

I don't mind the later sunrise as much as I mind the early (like 4:30) sunset, so I have even more reason to want to get rid of DST.