Friday, August 01, 2008

The Top 20 Albums of All Time (For Real) - The Y! Music Playlist Blog

The Top 20 Albums of All Time (For Real) - The Y! Music Playlist Blog: "I completely understand the frustration of 'best of lists', and I can assure you that I read hundreds of comments here on the Yahoo Music blogs whenever we post one. Many times our 'best album' lists generate thousands of comments. And although many of the remarks are ridiculous, many are valid in a subjective sort of way.

For this playlist I wanted to find the true top 20 albums once and for all, but to do this I needed to clear my mind of all opinion and approach it as a science. My own personal taste did not influence this list in any way. In fact, I would have made many different choices, but the time I put into collecting the data and crunching the numbers leaves no doubt in my mind that this is the most accurate top 20 album list in existence."

Hat tip to Mike McGruff.

2 comments:

Video Zeta One said...

One day I'll find a "top 20 albums" list that doesn't make me physically ill. I understand it's all about opinion, but I'm getting a bit tired of magazines and so forth proclaiming they are the possessors of THE definitive "top 20" list and then putting something like Michael Jackson's Thriller over every single Beatles album. Yecch!

Cap'n Bob said...

There are a few worthy ones here, but I'd toss Pedophile Jackson's and replace it with Sergeant Pepper's.