Thursday, July 31, 2008

Important Announcement!

Packers try to buy off Favre for $20 million -- chicagotribune.com: "Though NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is waiting at least one more day to reinstate Brett Favre, neither that extra time nor a $20 million offer from the team to stay retired will resolve the Green Bay Packers' impasse with their record-setting quarterback or prevent him from reporting to training camp."

That's not the important announcement. Here's the important announcement: I hereby offer not to play for the Packers for $5 million. Yes, only 1/4 of what they're offering Favre not to play. What a bargain!

Not only that, I'm offering not to play for the New York Yankees for the same $5 million.

But wait! There's more. For another measly $5 million, I won't play for the Boston Celtics.

Get in touch, General Managers. I'm sitting by the phone.

2 comments:

Benjie said...

As long as they're offering money not to play, I'll settle for a half million from all the professional sports teams, football, basketball, or baseball. I'd even settle for half that in cash, thank you very much.

Neil said...

If they give me thirty bucks, I promise not to watch them on TV.