Monday, October 26, 2009

Dracula the Un-Dead -- Dacre Stoker & Ian Holt

Did you ever see the Peanuts Sunday strip where the gang is lying on a hillock looking at the clouds and commenting on the shapes? The dialogue goes like this:

Linus: Well, those clouds up there look to me look like the map of the British Honduras in the Caribbean.
(He points up.)
Linus: That cloud up there looks a little like the profile of Thomas Eakins, the famous painter and sculptor. And that group of clouds over there...
(He points again.)
Linus: ...gives me the impression of the Stoning of Stephen. I can see the Apostle Paul standing there to one side.
Lucy: Uh huh. That's very good. What do you see in the clouds, Charlie Brown?
Charlie Brown: Well... I was going to say I saw a duckie and a horsie, but I changed my mind.

Okay, you may be asking yourself what that has to do with the book I was planning to review today. Here's the answer. I'd started writing my crummy little comments, and then I read this review by The Little Professor, which made me feel exactly like Charlie Brown. So read her review, and give me a pass.

3 comments:

Gerard said...

That's what I feel about my comments on all the books I take notes on.

Anonymous said...

Interesting (if rather long) review, but I'd kind of like to see what CHarlie Brown thinks.

Jeff

Benjie said...

Not only do I remember the comic strip, but also the feeling when reviewing books, movies, or anything else.