Sunday, August 30, 2009

Geoffrey Jenkins Update

Not so long ago, I featured a Geoffrey Jenkins novel as a "forgotten book." Jenkins isn't forgotten at all, as you can see. All 16 of his novels are returning to print.

THE EXTRAORDINARY WORLD OF ‘GEOFFREY JENKINS ADVENTURE’ � Bawiseconsulting's Blog: "For those die-hard Jenkins fans who can’t wait to read his works again, iUniverse Reprint Series, which includes the works of some of the world’s greatest authors, including “William F. Buckley, Jr.” and “Mary McCarthy” is proud to announce “that the man known for riveting thriller entertainment is back!”…Jenkins was the ‘forerunner and inspiration’ to such great writers as Frederick Forsythe, Len Deighton, Alistair MacLean, Hammond Innes, and others."

4 comments:

Richard Robinson said...

Great news. I just got a couple of the older paperbacks, but a new, uniform edition will be great.

Unknown said...

Well, they're costly, and they're POD. So buyer beware.

El Alacran said...

Jenkins and Innes both found commercial success in the 1950s, so I don't really think Jenkins influenced Innes. There may have been mutual influence.

Love both! Discovered Jenkins when I read "A Grue of Ice" in Argosy magazine in the early 60s. Found "Land God Gave to Cain" about the same time. 20 years ago I gave away most of my Jenkins and Innes paperbacks; now I want them back!

Unknown said...

A TWIST OF SAND was m first Jenkins book, but A GRUE OF ICE is one I read about the same time. I have four or five of the books still, and about an equal number by Innes. All fine stuff.