Sunday, August 30, 2009

Confessions of an Heiress -- Paris Hilton

This amazing book was a gift from George Kelley and Art Scott, who obviously have impeccable taste and know good literature when they see it. See is the right word since there's not a lot of text, but then who cares? There are hundreds of photos, and that's what you want in a book like this, right?

What? You mean you were expecting actual confessions? Surely you jest. Paris has little to confess, other than the fact that she has naturally curly hair. Sex tape? What sex tape? There's no mention of that here, so we can assume it doesn't exist.

There's plenty of good advice, like "act like you're wearing an invisible crown" and "project an extreme sense of confidence." You can't find stuff like that just anywhere.


The writing is, as you'd expect, superb, which I'm sure is the result of Paris having cleaned up any mistakes in grammar her co-author (Merle Ginsberg) might have made.

But why should I go on? I know all of you already have your own copy (or copies) of this fine volume. An American classic.

12 comments:

B. Rehder said...

Bill, didn't you do a cover just like that for one of your novels?

Unknown said...

Sadly, no.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the new Sheriff novel will have one.

Anyway, I always have an invisible crown on my head.

Jeff

Rusty said...

Oh... the crown is supposed to be *invisible*?

Rusty

Jerry House said...

I smell Pulitzer!

jj solari said...

God bless you, Bill! I didn't know this was out! I've been in a funk, locked up in the house for months at the persecutions that never end! This will be my tonic of release! Thank you! I just might tip the cashier!!!!

jj solari said...

my cup, already full, is now overflowing, a descending cataract of bliss. i stole that but it does not change anything: my wife tells me that for my birthday the Paris Hilton book will be mine. Excuse me: I need to be alone for a while.

Todd Mason said...

"There are hundreds of photos, and that's what you want in a book like this, right?"

As one shuddering in revulsion even at the sight of the cover, the word NO seems insufficient somehow.

Unknown said...

Those boys could get in trouble for sending something like that through the mails. Unless they used UPS.

Cap'n Bob said...

I have a panty-free picture of Paris on my computer. That's enough.

Brent McKee said...

Pulitzer? I don't see a trumpet in that picture? (And if you get that reference to the Roxanne Pulitzer case, you're getting old. Actually we're both getting old!)

George said...

Art Scott's eagle eye spied that Paris Hilton gem in a Canadian bookstore so the credit goes to him, Bill. I just bundled it up and shipped it to you. Love the cover!