Saturday, March 03, 2007

Looking Forward to April



Sure, you're going to have to pay your income taxes, but you're also going to have some great titles from Stark House. And when I say great, I'm not kidding. Three classic Gold Medal novels under one cover, including one of my very favorites by Dan J. Marlowe, The Vengeance Man. It's the real deal and stacks up against the best of Jim Thompson. Trust me. And besides that you get some fine work from Fletcher Flora and Charles Runyon, along with superb introductory materials by Charles Kelly and Ed Gorman. Don't miss this one! And then there's a double volume from Bill James, with an intro especially written for this edition. Again, not to be missed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Runyon's The Prettiest Girl I Ever Killed is a classic too.

Unknown said...

Yes, a fine variation on the usual serial killer novel.