Saturday, August 16, 2014

California

Cornerstone, which is where the photo I posted yesterday was taken, is a small collection of shops and art installations of all kinds.  This shot is of a pond, which is a bit of peaceful art in itself.  Judy and Angela took the opportunity to sit down and rest for a minute while we were walking through the grounds.  You might notice that Judy's wearing a jacket and Angela has on a sweater.  The weather in Sonoma in August is a lot different from the weather in Texas.

6 comments:

Deb said...

The first time I visited San Francisco, I had been living in Los Angeles for some time. It was late April and already quite warm in Southern California, so I was wearing (and had only packed) light clothing. When we got to San Francisco, it was snowing! Needless to say, I had to go clothes shopping that very afternoon.

Unknown said...

When I went into SF a couple of days after this photo was taken, it was even cooler. The wind was blowing, and it was quite nippy in the shade. In the sun and out of the wind, it wasn't so bad.

pattinase (abbott) said...

It's been going down in the forties here at night. We never had a real summer this year. Mostly seventies in the daytime and fifties at night.

Unknown said...

In Texas -- we've had summer.

Cap'n Bob said...

When I lived in the south bay and worked in San Francisco, I'd drive the 101 every day. There was a certain freeway overpass that was warm and sunny when you started under it and cool and overcast when you came out the other side. That's how sharply the weather changes down there.

Unknown said...

I pity the weather forecasters in the Bay Area.