Thursday, March 13, 2014

I Miss the Old Days

11 Gas Station Premiums of Yesteryear: It’s probably difficult to fathom now, but there was a time when the price of gasoline was pretty static for long periods and oil companies battled one another for the consumer dollar by attempting to instill some level of brand loyalty. How many of us today specifically seek out a Chevron station versus any other vendor when our gas tank needles are hovering just above “E”? That wasn’t the case some 40 or so years ago, when gas stations sought repeat business via Any Means Necessary. And among those Means were a variety of premiums or promotional giveaways.

2 comments:

Rick Robinson said...

I remember most of those and others. I had the toy animals, and there was an ark you could send for. I had a 76 ball on my antenna for years, though I bought Chevron (Standard) gas. and I may still have the tiger tail around here somewhere.

Unknown said...

I had a tiger tail, too.