Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Andrew J. Offutt, R. I. P.

I just read on the fictionmags list that andy offutt has died. I have a number of his books, and I have the If magazine with his first story, a contest winner, in it.

Andrew J. Offutt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: Andrew Jefferson Offutt (August 16, 1934-April 30, 2013) was an American science fiction and fantasy author. He has written as Andrew J. Offutt, A. J. Offutt, and Andy Offutt. His normal byline, andrew j. offutt, has all his name in lower-case letters.

The brief SF Site obituary is here.

3 comments:

Jack Badelaire said...

That's truly sad. He did amazing things in the world of SF&F - I'm sure a lot of writers would never have been discovered and brought to the reading public's eye without his efforts.

Randy Johnson said...

I've enjoyed his books over the years. R.I.P. sir.

George said...

I liked Andy Offutt's work. Sad that he's gone...