Thursday, May 21, 2009

Once Again, Texas Leads the Way

The Associated Press: A Texas mayor resigns abruptly _ for love: "SAN ANGELO, Texas (AP) — The mayor of a West Texas community abruptly resigned Wednesday, picking love over his love of office.

J.W. Lown told the San Angelo Standard-Times in a telephone interview from Mexico that he was involved in a relationship with a man who does not have legal status in the United States.

Lown, 32, said he didn't want to take the oath of office knowing he was 'aiding and assisting' someone who is not a U.S. citizen."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do a get the feeling that we're going to get a bad tv movie based on this story?

BTW, I'm a San Angelo resident. I always thought Lown was a pretty good mayor, I couldn't care less about his personal life, and I wish him well.

Unknown said...

I lived in Brownwood long ago and loved visiting the used-book stores in San Angelo. A nice town with a river running through it. I even ran in a fun run down by the river one year.