Saturday, October 11, 2008

Up Late

I'm writing this late Saturday evening.  I'm not used to being up past my bedtime.  That's tough on an Old Guy.  But I've been having fun, hanging out and fooling around.  This afternoon Judy and I went on the Duck Tour.  I promise not to show you my beak.  Then we had dinner with eight friends before moving on to an empty conference room in the hotel to spend the rest of the evening talking about everything under the sun.  Everything that is, except the stock market and the political races.  It was great to forget (well, almost) those things for a while and to have a lot of laughs about people and books and life in general.  Tomorrow's the closing brunch with the Anthony Awards.  I'll have to skip out on part of that to print my boarding passes.  I sure hope I can get that done.  On Monday we'll wing our way back home.

No comments: