Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Snatch

I'm sure you're all familiar with Joe Bob Briggs' theory of the right way to make a sequel: you make the same movie again. Snatch, while not a sequel, follows that theory. It's Guy Ritchie's follow-up to Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, and it's pretty much the same movie, or at least the same plots, but with different characters. Instead of two shotguns, we have a diamond as the McGuffin.

Again, I had no trouble at all following the plotlines, and I'm finding the accents easier to understand. I even understood Brad Pitt some of the time, probably better than some of the other characters in the movie.

There's plenty of razzle-dazzle and quite a few laughs. I enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Snatch is great! One of the funnest movies that people have never seen. I recommend it whenever I can.