Monday, May 22, 2006

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

I finally caught up with this one through Netflix, and it was highly entertaining. I read that some reviewers had trouble following the plot, but I had none at all, proving that I've read too many crime novels, I guess. There are three or four or five interconnected stories, and I had their intersections pretty much figured out before they occurred, which was a good thing, because I did have a little trouble understanding some of the dialogue.

This is one of those movies that has a lot of "style," and in fact the style seems at times to be the point of the exercise. Probably not, though.

The whole thing is funny and not overly violent. In fact, most of the violence occurs off-stage, and we see only the results of it. Everybody seems to be having a grand time, even when they're about to get killed or beaten. Highly recommended for when you're looking for a different kind of crime film to watch.

1 comment:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I've been wanting to watch this one for awhile. I've seen its "sequel", Snatch several times and love it so I really need to get off my butt and go rent this. Glad you enjoyed it.