Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Mickey Spillane Update


Yesterday Max Allan Collins announced that he'd finished the manuscript of his collaboration with Mickey Spillane on the second book about Morgan the Raider. The first book was published about 44 years ago. I was so happy to see the announcement that I pulled down my copy of the 1968 paperback from the shelf to read again. As I flipped it open, what to my wondering eyes should appear but an article that I'd clipped out of the Dallas Morning News when the movie version of The Delta Factor opened in Big D. I probably hadn't opened the book since 1968, and I'd forgotten that the article was there. I thought it would be fun to share it with you, so here it is.

3 comments:

Max Allan Collins said...

Thanks for sharing this.

Mickey was very unhappy with THE DELTA FACTOR film. It really derailed his plans, and his enthuasism, for a Morgan the Raider book series.

I am thrilled to have been able to complete the only other Morgan novel. I have attempted to resolve the series while still leaving it open-ended. Watch for it in September.

George said...

I'm impressed that you kept that newspaper article for all these years! You have the soul of an archivist!

Unknown said...

I don't even remember putting it in the book.