Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Top 50 Cult Movies

The Top 50 Cult Movies

Hat tip to Jeff Segal.


Stephen B. said...

Missed about 18 or 20 from that list. [Seen This is Spinal Tap, Repo Man, Plan 9, Shawshank Redemption, Eraserhead, Stranger than Paradise,Clerks, Big Lebowski, Withnail & I, They Live, Heathers, Rushmore, Friday] - some I would watch again!

Anders E said...

I agree on quite a lot on that list, but I'm curious - what makes a movie a cult movie? If you check their link

it seems just about any old film (even blockbusters such as JAWS and STAR WARS) is possible to characterize as such. Which makes the whole concept rather meaningless.

Stephen B said...

Anders: you are probably right, a very successful movie may not be what we hear is called a cult classic.

So, this list (at least I've known people who knew of and talked about the films) seems irrelevant!