Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sheriff Joe Leads the Way

Inmates Sue Over Holiday Tunes - Holidays News Story - WBAL Baltimore: "Maricopa County jails will play Christmas music and holiday hymns throughout the season, continuing an annual tradition despite multiple lawsuits filed to prevent it, the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office has announced in a news release.
[. . . .]
In years past, Sheriff Joe Arpaio has personally chosen some of the songs and performers featured, including tunes from Alvin and the Chipmunks, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Bing Crosby and Doctor Demento."

2 comments:

Gerard said...

Arpaio is such a showboating tool.

Seepy Benton said...

I live in Maricopa County, and I don't have any problem with Sheriff Joe. However, with this latest policy, I definitely need to get myself incarcerated for a week or two. I mean, where else can I go to listen to classic episodes of The Doctor Demento Show? An opportunity like this doesn't come along very often!