Saturday, April 18, 2009

Jody McCrea, R. I. P.

Jody McCrea, Actor in ‘Beach Party’ Films, Is Dead at 74 - Obituary (Obit) - NYTimes.com: "LOS ANGELES (AP) — Jody McCrea, best known for acting in the “Beach Party” movies in the 1960s, died on April 4 in New Mexico, where he had become a cattle rancher. He was 74.
[. . . .]
Mr. McCrea appeared in a string of “Beach Party” movies, comedies starring Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon, including “Muscle Beach Party,” “Bikini Beach,” “Pajama Party,” “Beach Blanket Bingo” and “How to Stuff a Wild Bikini.”"
[. . . .]
Mr. McCrea, originally Joel Dee McCrea, was a son of the movie stars Joel McCrea and Frances Dee. His wife, Dusty, died in 1996.

Hat tip to Fred Blosser.

5 comments:

Todd Mason said...

Just because they were made nearly fifty years ago to begin with is no excuse for the kids in those films to be 74 these days.

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more!

Cap'n Bob said...

Next they'll want me to believe that Beverly Washburn is an old lady. But I won't! I won't!

Unknown said...

Since I still think of Joel McCrea as alive, and as a relatively young man, it was quite a shock to see that Jody had died at 74. Must have been adopted. Much like my daughters.

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

Geez, you sure miss a lot when you're always in self-imposed exile for two weeks.

R.I.P., "Deadhead." You will be missed.