Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Site of Possible Interest to Some Readers of this Blog

Comic Book Art Gallery: "This page is solely dedicated to sharing my collection of paperback cover art. This hobby is something I've very passionate about. Although my collection is made up of art from every decade from the 1940's through to the 2000's, my primary interest these days is in vintage covers from the 50's & 60's. The genres I'm most interested in pusuing art from are the 'Hardboiled Crime/Detective/Murder/Mystery genre, and also from the 'Good Girl Art' genre, many of which can be found in the horribly named 'sleaze' genre. But even beyond those genres, I'm interested and open to buying from most genres as long as the imagery speaks to me. I focus on art first, and artist's name second. While I do have my favorite artists and seek work by those men, I'm just as likely to buy covers from unidentified artists or artists whose name don't carry any 'cache' within the hobby. I focus is collecting 'paperback art first', and artists second. That is the precise reason why I've chosen to display my collection alphabetically by the name of the title, rather than by artist."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pointer. I was able to help him out with an artist ID.
Art Scott