Friday, March 25, 2011

Devil Red -- Joe R. Lansdale

Hap and Leonard are back. Need I say more? I didn't think so, but you know me. I can't resist a few more words. If you're wondering if there's the usual mixture of hilarity, vulgarity, and extreme violence, wonder no more. It's all there put together in the way only Joe Lansdale can do it. Others might try, but Lansdale's the original, and there's just nobody else around like him. He transforms the material into something that's much more satisfying than the sum of the parts, and reading him is a unique experience. That's all you need to know.

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

It goes on my list.

Dale said...

I finished it last night at 1 A.M. which is way past this boy's bedtime but I was having to much fun reading to go to sleep until I was done.

Harry Shannon said...

Just one of the damned all get out best there is around, that's all.