Friday, September 11, 2009

Stark House Does It Again

Stark House has come up with another great twofer, this time a couple of novels by W. R. Burnett: Iron Man and It's Always Four O'Clock. And I know I keep saying this again and again, but only because it's true: the introduction alone is worth the price of the book. David Laurence Wilson knew Burnett, and he has some great material. He also provides insightful commentary on Burnett's career and writing. It's an invaluable essay.

The book will be published in November, but you might want to go ahead and order it now. Just click the link that begins this post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These books sucked me in and made me a Burnett fan for life. Not quite crime books, more "tales of the city" drenched in a noir-ish atmosphere. I couldn't recommend this highly enough.

Anders E said...

Damn, another must-have. Will it ever end?