Saturday, August 28, 2004

Hero

Judy and I went to see Hero yesterday. It's a beautiful movie, with some terrific martial arts battles, and it moves from one amazing scene to the next. I'm pretty sure I don't agree with its message, however.

Aside from the message, though, I liked it a lot. Judy, on the other hand, was not impressed. She generally has two reviews of movies I drag her to: "Better than I expected" and "About what I expected." This one got the latter comment.

And other people in the theater were even less impressed than Judy.

Someone sitting behind us had brought along a little kid. It didn't take him long to catch on to the fact that things weren't as they should be. A couple of minutes into the film, he shouted, "Those people don't talk right!"

And two people just walked out through the exit near the screen when the movie was about halfway over. I don't know what they'd been expecting, but Hero clearly didn't measure up.

No comments: