Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Decline of Western Civilization Continues Apace

This pretty much says it all:

'Today Show' Snubs 2011 Caldecott, Newbery Winners: "Looks like Snooki may have better writing chops than this year's Newbery and Caldecott winners—or at least someone at the Today Show believes so.

NBC's morning program ran an eight-minute segment with the Jersey Shore star Tuesday morning but opted not to air its traditional morning-after interview with the winners of the Newbery and Caldecott Medals, which on Monday went to Clare Vanderpool and Erin Stead, respectively."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's something really, really wrong with that story. But then, they hired Kathie Lee so they clearly have their heads up their butts.

Jeff

Anonymous said...

To paraphrase Captain Renault, "I'm shocked, shocked, to find illiteracy going on here".

sas

Patrick Murtha said...

I wish I could joke that Snooki is the first person to "write" a book without ever having read one, but alas, I don't think that's true.

Living here in Korea, not having American television, not seeing the covers of American tabloid magazines, I have a couple of layers of insulation from the decline of Western civilization, and rely on the goodies that Bill and some other sources on the Internet provide. I think they are enough for me to get the picture.