Sunday, April 18, 2010

This Is the House I Need

Built for the bookish / Cow Hollow home designed to afford privacy, house rare art: "What you'll love about it: Built to house the original owner's extensive collection of rare books, art and antiques, the core of the home is the three-story exhibition space in its entrance. It features clean lines of steel beams and stainless-steel cables underneath a full-length skylight that illuminates the collection with natural light.

Size: The home has five bedroom suites, two half-baths and spans 7,615 square feet."

Photo at the link.
Hat tip to Art Scott

8 comments:

Richard R. said...

Pretty nice alright. Good thing there's an elevator with four floors. The view is okay, too. I'll look to see if I have a spare 7 million laying around.

Richard R. said...

... nope, don't seem to have it on hand. That's okay, there's always another little place like this.

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to wait until I get my next royalty check.

Karin M said...

I wonder where the owners are moving to? Can't be too many places with that kind of library space.

Cap'n Bob said...

You still wouldn't have enough space for your collection, Bill.

Richard R. said...

they are moving here to Lake Oswego:
http://app.viewallportlandhomes.com/search/listing/167-5000000833935

Unknown said...

Nice place!

Deb said...

Gee, at $8.5 million, the asking price is only $8.499 million more than I could afford.

There's too much disposable income in the world...and I don't have any of it!