Sunday, April 18, 2010

Once Again, Texas Leads the Way

Film - Brad Bourland, Grocer With a 10,000-Top-Movie List - NYTimes.com: "Mr. Bourland, of course, is none of these. He’s a produce clerk in an Austin, Tex., grocery. But Mr. Bourland, 58, has spent nearly a decade on a monumental task that he hopes will make his a name to remember in the world of movies.

He has ranked the greatest films of the 20th century. Sure, the American Film Institute and endless others have generated Top 10 or 100 Greatest lists. But Mr. Bourland goes them — well, one better isn’t even close. He has ranked the 20th century’s 9,200 greatest movies, watching more than 7,000 of them in the process. (He plans to reach 10,000 from readers suggesting titles he has overlooked. The list is at themovielistonline.com.)"


I downloaded the list, but I haven't scanned all of it yet. I can say only that no list that has Mandingo on it can be all bad.

Hat tip to George Kelley.

4 comments:

Seepy Benton said...

I've just added 10,000 movies to my Netflix list. I'm set for the summer!

Anonymous said...

My computer wouldn't open the list, unfortunately. I can, however, second Bill's endorsement of MANDINGO.

And where is GATOR BAIT ranked? BOBBIE JO AND THE OUTLAW?

Whatever happened to Marjoe, anyway?

Jeff


amazingly appropriate word verification: sucksts

Harsh said...

any idea where can i get this list?

Unknown said...

It seems to have disappeared into a black hole of cyberspace.