Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Don't Like Ike

So Hurricane Ike is bearing down on the Texas Gulf Coast, and everyone's in a dither.  That would include me, I guess.  While the storm is supposed to make landfall well south of here, we'll be feeling some effects.  If one of those is the loss of electricity, it's not going to be pleasant.  We don't have a generator, so we'd lose a lot of food, and we'd be very hot and sweaty.  I also couldn't use the computer, not that  I'm addicted or anything.  

And you'll noticed that supposed is in italics up above.  Nothing is certain.  I'll keep you posted.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for you Bill-looks like Ike is going to be bad.

Doc Quatermass said...

"This too shall pass." First year daughter was in Florida she weathered Charley, Frances and Jeannie. I was glad Ivan bypassed her but it came up here and flooded a lot of people. My basement drain backed up until the water could run out into the garage through the connecting door and then go down the floor drain in the garage. Go figure. That's happened twice in the 21 years we lived here. Water was running out from under the concrete steps on either side of the drive in sheets and running down the driveway to the street. Mother Nature can be a very pissed off lady and the last several years I think she's experiencing menopause.

Anonymous said...

Good luck and cool weather, Bill.

Mary Ann Melton said...

Hope you are watching the weather this evening . . . looks like it is going to come in closer to Galveston. We were going to try to ride it out in the condo . . . I may chicken out . . .

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Judy! I hope your house does not get damaged and that you two stay safe!

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

Keep safe, Bill...I'm hoping everything turns out all right for you.

Randy Johnson said...

Stay safe, guys!

Unknown said...

This is looking less and less like fun. I dread losing electricity more than the rest of it.

JD Rhoades said...

Good luck, Bill!

Cap'n Bob said...

I haven't confirmed it yet, Bill, but there's a rumor going around that YOU CAN BUY GENERATORS AT THE STORE. (Hat tip to Sam Kinnison.) Good luck and protect the books.