Sunday, February 03, 2008

A Trip to Bountiful?

The reason for the sparse posting today is that Judy and I took her mother home for a quick visit and to pick up a few things from her house. I don't think the idea that she'd probably never see the place again sunk in, and Judy and I certainly didn't mention it. A few of her friends saw the car in the driveway and stopped in. We took her to the new church to see the pews that hadn't been put in when she came here for Christmas. We came back here. Life goes on.

3 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

And sometimes it's damned hard. As I bring more and more of my parents' things to my house, knowing they'll never use them again, that's what I think.

Anonymous said...

Indeed. Todd Rundgren's band Utopia had a song on DEFACE THE MUSIC called "Life Goes On" that seems like the appropriate soundtrack for this entry.

Unknown said...

Or that John Cougar lyric: "Life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone."