Monday, November 06, 2006

More About the World Fantasy Convention

Part of the fun, maybe most of the fun, of attending conventions (for me, at least) is getting to talk to people, including those you haven't seen in a while. Bob Vardeman used to come to the AggieCon back in the early '80s, and he and I became acquainted because we were both authors of Nick Carter books. I forget which ones he wrote, though I have a few of them around here somewhere. You can go to his webpage and find them listed. Anyway, I discovered that Bob has launched into a new career: movie star. If you clicked the link, you learned that he's been in three movies, and judging from the titles, they're very classy productions. He doesn't just appear in the movies, however. He also writes the novelizations. I don't know whether to order the book or put the movie in my Netflix queue. Or both.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clearly the new Ed Bryant (among other literary scene-chewers in no-budget productions in the '80s), if not the new Fritz Leiber...

Juri said...

The director-writer was someone called Scott Phillips... now, if only... You know my admiration for THE ICE HARVEST, but I don't think we have such luck.

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure it's not the same guy.