Friday, November 24, 2006

Authors You've Given Up On?

An interesting thread over at Crooked Timber. The Little Professor says that Orson Scott Card is leading.


Richard said...

Patricia Cornwell's BLOWFLY should have been called BLOWTORCH, because I was so badly burned by the book I never went back to the Well Of Corn. I'm a little surprised that no one on the other thread mentioned my second "Never Again" author: Jonathan Kellerman. And like others, I've long since given up hope that James Ellroy will ever again cough up a winner.

Scott Cupp said...

Just read through the 140 comments (at this time) at the first link. Interesting. Some writers I've never heard of, many I have. I too gave up on Orson Scott Card, Ursula Le Guin, and Neal Stephenson. I have not give up on Cormac McCarthy or Thomas Pynchon (yet).