Friday, March 10, 2006

It Might as well be Spring

It's a well-known fact that I hate to mow the lawn. The only good thing about the drought conditions in Texas this year is that I didn't have to mow in January of February like I did last year. Today, however, I cranked up the old mower and shoved it over the lawn for an hour or so. I'll admit it looks better. The neighbors on both sides had mowed a week or more ago, but I refused to give in. I couldn't put it off any longer, however. Now the grind begins, week after week. The heat. The humidity. The sweat. The whining. I'm really looking forward to it.


Cap'n Bob Napier said...

Try mowing a lawn with dropoffs and obstacles all over the place. I just wish I had enough green grassy spots in the yard so mowing the lawn created a nice picture. Sounds like Judy needs to buy you a riding mower.

macavity said...

Judy doesn't care if I sweat and moan. She just ignores me.