Friday, June 17, 2016

Ronnie Claire Edwards, R. I. P.

Variety: Ronnie Claire Edwards, best known for her portrayal of Corabeth Godsey in the 1971 series “The Waltons,” has died, according to a post on her Facebook page. She was 83. Edwards made her debut in the third season of “The Waltons” as a mousy spinster who, after some persuasion from John (Ralph Waite) and Olivia (Michael Learned), hesitantly marries storekeeper Ike Godsey after his proposal following their first date. She appeared in over 100 episodes.

3 comments:

Rick Robinson said...

My god, it's been 45 years since The Waltons came on? Oh my, oh my. Cora Beth was not a character I liked, at all, but then I don't think she was meant to be.

Jeff Meyerson said...

No, she wasn't. She always called her husband "Mr.Godsey" and made it very clear she was the boss in that marriage.

Unknown said...

NTTAWWT.