Thursday, May 09, 2013

Uh-Oh

Kurtzman's Sleepy Hollow And 2 More Get Series Orders At Fox: And finally, there's Orci and Kurtzman's Sleepy Hollow, which is a modern-day retelling of Washington Irving's classic story. Tom Mison is set to play Ichabod Crane, who's "resurrected and pulled two and a half centuries through time to find that the world is on the brink of destruction and that he is humanity’s last hope, forcing him to team up with a contemporary police officer (Nicole Beharie) to unravel a mystery that dates all the way back to the founding fathers."

Hat tip to Walter Satterthwait.

2 comments:

Tom Johnson said...

Actually, I wish they would leave the old classics alone. I've always loved that tale, and I can imagine what modern day Hollywood will do to it (groan).

James Reasoner said...

Uh-oh is right. When I first read this, I thought for sure it had to be a joke. We might give it a try, since ONCE UPON A TIME and GRIMM sounded pretty bad, too, and both turned out to be fairly decent shows. But I won't be surprised if it's terrible.