Friday, July 06, 2012

We're Back!


About an hour ago we pulled into the driveway after our flight from San Francisco and a long drive from the airport. The cat was thrilled to see us. Apparently he and the cat-sitter didn't get along.

We had a great time in San Francisco, and I did manage to sneak a few photos onto the blog. Judging by all the e-mails that I accumulated in my absence, I need to get a life. I'll be a while catching up.

One of the things we did on the trip was drive to Sonoma to attend a meeting of the Baker Street Irregulars, which was held at the Monticello Vineyard and hosted by the genial Bruce Taylor (The Artist Formerly Known as "Mr. B0uchercon"). I'd forgotten that the BSI meetings included a quiz over a Holmes story we'd all read, and I performed shamefully. Daughter Angela did very well, but it was frequent commeter Art Scott who carried the day with a score of 19 correct answers on the 20 questions.

The photo is of Bruce Taylor, me, Art, and Don Yates in the deerstalker.

2 comments:

Todd Mason said...

Welcome back! At least it looks like its temperate in San Fran.

Unknown said...

The weather was just about perfect.