Friday, December 09, 2011

12 Days of Bookmas -- Day 6 #bookmas

Play to win free books! Go here for an explanation of the contest and for a list of the many blogs where clues can be found.

Clues for Day 7 -- written by Lauren

Working in publishing means I read all day, in one form or another. If I’m not reading queries, a client’s new contract or industry blogs, I’m reading exciting requested material from an author I’m planning to offer representation. When I’m not reading all of that, I’m reading something new to review on my blog. I used to read a book or two a week for pleasure, even all through college. Now, I’ve had to cut out almost all pleasure reading—I watch TV instead as a way to turn off my brain for a while. But when vacations come around, I plan my reading list like a new bride plans her honeymoon wardrobe. And then I tell all my friends and colleagues about what I just can’t wait to read and not criticize. This Christmas break, I’m planning to read three books I just can’t wait to get my hands on. I’ve spent extra time picking them out because I can’t risk choosing something I’ll regret. Which three books are my Christmas selections for 2011?

My clues: Book 1: T. S. Eliot's merchant hatches one. Book 2: Rio has Carnival. This similar event is from Ireland (in a manner of speaking). Book 3: The numbers add up to 15.

No comments: