Saturday, December 29, 2007

Long, Long Ago . . .

. . . in a land not so far away, on December 29th, Judy Stutts and I had a blind date arranged by our friends Fred Williams and Loibeth Black. And here Judy and I are all those years later, still together. In fact, I don't believe that either of us dated anyone else after that night, when the two couples went to Mart, Texas, and saw a movie called All the Fine Young Cannibals. I'm still in touch with Fred. We e-mail almost every day. Judy and Loibeth are still best friends, and they talked for an hour or so on the phone just yesterday. Judy and I have had some interesting years, certainly none more interesting than 2007, and 2008 looks to prove just as interesting. Wish us luck.

10 comments:

Benjie said...

Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Not quite so lomg ago on December 29, Sandra Palma and I got married (though we had to wait for halftime of the NFL playoff game so that her mother and the preacher would give us their attention). We still talk and celebrate life together. All in all the 29th is a great day.

Unknown said...

Congrats, you crazy kids!

Anonymous said...

What year was that, Bill?

;)

In our case it was New Year's Eve when we went from friends to something more.

Keep up the good work.

Jeff

Anonymous said...

Good luck in 2008.

Kent Morgan said...

Just last night I was moving books around in my basement in preparation for the delivery of a new storage cabinet and came across a paperback copy of The Bixby Girls. The novel is described as "the inspiration for the Pandro S. Berman Production All The Fine Young Cannibals. Natalie Wood is holding Robert Wagner on the cover. I'm sure you must have a copy, Bill, when this movie played such an important part of your life.

Unknown said...

Indeed I do have a copy, or Judy does. I gave it to her one December 29th some years ago.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Joe Lansdale

Anonymous said...

Luck!

And December 30th isn't such a bad date either. My Judy and I celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary yesterday, and we're looking ahead to many more.

Forty-three years ago today, to the very minute (glancing at my watch) we were in Times Square. Huzzah!

Best wishes

Steve

Cap'n Bob said...

Congrats, you smooth-talking son of a gun. The last blind date I had had no lips and bad breath. Consider yourself benighted.