Monday, October 04, 2004

Yahoo! News - 'Psycho' Star Janet Leigh Dies at 77

Yahoo! News - 'Psycho' Star Janet Leigh Dies at 77: "'Psycho' Star Janet Leigh Dies at 77"

I really hate that headline. Makes it seem that Janet Leigh was a psycho, which I certainly hope wasn't true. I suspect that there's hardly a guy of my generation (Old Guys, again) who wasn't struck by her beauty now and then in movies like Houdini, Prince Valiant, The Black Shield of Falworth, The Manchurian Candidate, Bye Bye Birdie and plenty of others. She never did much cheesecake, and a lifelong dream of mine was fulfilled (sort of) when her daughter, Jamie Lee Curtis, whipped that sweater over her head in Tradiing Places. I always thought of Janet Leigh as a class act. RIP.

1 comment:

Jayme Lynn Blaschke said...

Bill, do I have to tell Joe you're talking about Jamie Lee Curtis again? :-)