Saturday, June 04, 2011

PimPage: An Occasional Feature in Which I Call Interesting Books to Your Attention

Walt Longmire is back in Craig Johnson's Hell is Empty. If you've read the earlier books in the series, that's all you need to know. If you haven't, this is as good a time as any to get started. Smooth first-person narration, quirky characters, great outdoorsy setting (Wyoming), plenty of action. Longmire's fine company, and the mystery's got plenty of twists. I believe these books are being considered as a TV series. I hope they make it. Should be great fun.

5 comments:

Marsdon said...

I love his books. And I discovered him because he was listed on the 'if you like Bill Crider' list on your Amazon home page.

Anonymous said...

I have the new one waiting for me at the library. I've read all the others.

I always picture Vic as being an identical twin of Jo on EUREKA.

Jeff

Prudy Dowers said...

have long loved your books, recently was introduced to Andrew Vachss and John Burdett - wonderful writers!

Prudy

Unknown said...

Thanks, Prudy, and I agree about those two.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Prudy, and I agree about those two.