Friday, June 03, 2011

PimPage: An Occasional Feature in Which I Call Interesting Books to Your Attention

Steve Mertz's Hank & Muddy isn't due from Perfect Crime until August 1, but I couldn't wait to mention it because I'm really glad to see that it's being published. I read a bit of the manuscript a while back, and I thought it was terrific. It's set in 1952, and the idea is that for a few days that year, Hank Williams and Muddy Waters were thrown together for some drinking, whoring, and adventure. They wind up dodging bullets, Klansmen, and mobsters. And there are alligators! You'll want to put this one on your must-read list for August.

3 comments:

Jerry House said...

I think you had most of us at alligators.

Cap'n Bob said...

Sounds like a keeper.

Ricky Bush said...

I'm looking forward to it. I just finished reviewing Troy D. Smith's Cross Road Blues from Perfect Crime Books and it's a good 'un. The review is on blog.