Sunday, February 13, 2011

Nightmare Alley

In his comment to an earlier post, Steve Lewis mentioned that he'd never seen this paperback and that it might be rare. I bought it off the paperback rack at a store in Brownwood, Texas, in 1976 and never read it because I'd read some other edition I had. I had no idea it might be hard to find. At any rate, in response to Steve's request, here's the front cover of the book.


Steve Lewis said...

Thanks, Bill. That's quite a cover, one I know I've never seen before. If I had, I'm pretty sure I'd remember it.

There's only one copy listed for sale on ABE. That one's described as being in VG Plus condition, with an asking price of $40.

Bill Crider said...

Note "asking price." I doubt it'll sell, but that would make mine worth a good bit more than I'd ever have expected. Not that it's going anywhere. Books check in; they don't check out.